viernes, 19 de abril de 2013

news



I would like to inform that the next Monday will be able to carry out my partner professional dialogue.  I assume that I will have to work during the week for that activity due to the different steps. That includes:  the pre-observation discussion, observation, post-lesson discussion, follow up, include evidence and my reflection. So, I will try to do this step by step because for me it is very important because this will be my first formal observation that I am sure that will help me to exchange ideas, identify my strengths as well as the areas in my teaching that require improvement.

I feel very please with my students of KET, PET and FCE that are the ones of my project because I see how they are improving, they feel very motivating about the course of preparation. In the course, I give the students exercises that contain test items that they are likely to meet in the real test. I also give them strategies and techniques for dealing with test items. Besides that, I also involve them in other activities and materials that will help them to improve their English.    

I also have other students that are in my regular basis. With my students of intermediate and pre-intermediate I feel glad because we finish the units and now I have to prepare them for the “Segundo parcial” so next week we are going to review grammar and vocabulary points in the coursebook for both courses.

With my students of junior high school especially the ones of 2nd grade I would like to replace some activities of the coursebook, I noticed that these students need other alternatives for learning. I will try to give them activities in which they can find information on newspapers, magazines, websites or dictionaries.Many of my students told me that the homework was boring because it was always the same (pages of the workbook) they worked in that way with the previous teacher. I try to find other activities for complementing their homework record.
For the 3rd grade this week we worked on reading activities. In the school there are a collection of books that students can choose. There are a variety of readings from famous books, people or films. I think that when students are reading those kinds of books written in appropriate levels, I noted that they are enthusiastic about reading.

So far so good!!!

 

 



  








 

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Sara. Did you manage to have your discussion with a colleague today for the professional dialogue? How did it go?

    Adapting and supplementing course book materials is often a good idea - textbooks rarely meet the exact needs of the students, so you need to work out what is best for them. Maybe you can let us know about some of the activities you come up with?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi my dear friend,

    it has been a great pleasure meeting you at your Unidad Receptora. The school is huge and you looked wonderful as a teacher.
    Congratulations Sara!

    Edna :)

    ResponderEliminar