martes, 9 de abril de 2013

Back 2 school


                                                                    
Yesterday was the official day for the high school to return to the classes after the Easter break.  I notice that many of my students were active and ready to work and others were a little bit lazy. I believed that many of them need to get used to the summer time.
For the homework the students had to do a writing activity about the things that they did over Easter celebrations. I really enjoy reading their homework. I believe that this is a great opportunity for them to write something that it is not in the workbook. I think that sometimes the teachers need to omit or replace certain things in the coursebook and adapt it to the things that are happening around them or according to their needs.

There is something I would like to share with you peers. I was delighted when the school principal of my unidad receptora offered me a job as a permanent teacher for the next period. I told him to give my answer next Friday because still do not know what to do. I have my doubts because next period I will be doing my Experiencia Recepcional and my Practicum. I think that I am only be available to give one class or two.
 



.

6 comentarios:

  1. Hello Sara, I think that most of us found the same problem with our students the first day after the Easter break because some students spend most or all the time just resting so, for that reason some of them were not ready to start to work again.

    We have to encourage them to work, for example, at the beginning of my classes, I asked the students about what they did on vacation, where they went, what they liked most of their vacations and they started to interact with me and then I started to teach my lesson. This helped me to encourage them to work. :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi sury,
      Thanks for reading my post. I totally agree with you about involving students in activities like warmers at the beginning of the lesson in order to get students in a good mood and encourage them to work. I often connect it with the topic of the lesson that is coming.
      Greetings :)

      Eliminar
  2. Wow my friend, congratulations!

    See, you have a few days working and the school principal has noticed the excellent teacher you are!

    That's wonderful Sara!

    Good luck!

    Edna :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi my dear friend,

      Thanks for reading my post. I really try to be a responsible teacher :)

      Eliminar
  3. Congratulations Sara !! it is very good that now you are there they affered a job, it is so good, but take the right desicion, best wishes.
    About your work it is very good that you can write little essays with your students, I can´t my students don´t have that level yet. Sometimes I would like to work with students on high I don´t know how it feels.
    Good luck!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Congratulations, Sara! Have you made a decision about the job yet? Even if you only give one or two classes, what a great way to start your career as a teacher! I hope your students are used to summer time now.

    ResponderEliminar