miércoles, 19 de junio de 2013

final weeks of classes (High school)


Some of my students had oral presentations as final project about some countries.  Together we decided about the criteria for what makes a good presentation, and we invested time in the procedures and process that were involved during their presentations and so on. The students prepared their talks in the classroom, I sometimes helped them when was necessary. Next day, they had a chance to rehearse their presentations. In that preparation time students made some notes install the equipment, look up vocabulary in their dictionaries.
I really enjoyed their presentations because for that activity they prepared their talk and most importantly they made their presentations on a country of their own choice. I observed how motivated they were, I have to say that some groups spoke fluently without nervousness. However, there were groups that did not make eye contact and spoke softly. There was also feedback for their presentations some students asked follow-up questions, so everyone in the classroom was involved in active speaking. I think that kind of activity was a great opportunity for my students to learn, appreciate and respect other cultures.

On the other hand, I talked with some parents about the strengths and the areas of improvement, behavior during class. I really tried to not to focus just in the negative I included the positive aspects.  It is really sad that some parents have communication problems and these problems are affecting their performance they are living in a tension environment. After we talked we agree to keep updated by email. 
I also talked with all my students about their insights of the lessons orally and written. We had an open discussion of what is taking place in our class. Some students were open about it and other less open. We discussed about the coursebook, the things, topics or activities they want more and the things they want less, the things they like, useful etc. I that way I could evaluate my lessons and modify certain things. In that way I could plan future lessons.  

I feel really happy with the things that are happening now ….

                                                                         



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario