domingo, 19 de mayo de 2013

Catching up on my unidad receptora


 
I have been having a busy week with my students of high school because the examination period starts on Monday; the date for the test is on Tuesday. I am looking forward to see how much they have improved since the last test.

 I would like to mention that there was a mother’ day festival in the school, and ALL the school personnel (teachers, secretaries, janitors, prefects and so had to participate. Some teachers had to accommodate the inviters, others cut and give the cake; others had to be in charge of the sound and so on. 

 I had to be in the raffle, at the beginning of the festival mothers were giving numbered tickets and then giving prizes to those mothers whose numbers are chosen by chance.  I was a nice experience because it was a nice festival in which I could realize how talented the students are in playing musical instruments, singing, dancing and reciting poetry. We also had a teacher’s party. I had so much fun and also had the opportunity to meet with others fellow teachers that work in the kindergarten, elementary school and the university.

On this week there was no homework with my students of high school because we’re reviewing the units and the contents in the test.   

With my students of junior high school we have regular classes.  Different booksellers came to my “unidad receptora” and I receive many gifts from the publishers like agendas, pens, and free course books for teachers etc. next week all the English teachers in the school were are going to have a meeting and we have to decide which course book will be for the next period. I started to feel pressure because I have not decided if I going to be working in my “unidad recetora” and I want to choose the right material for my students.

In my next post I am going to comment about how well my students did on their tests.  


 

 

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi my dear friend, congratulations for the Mothers' festival and for the teachers' party!

    It'll be hard to decide what to do and to find out the best book for your students next year. It's nice to receive gifts from the 'casa editora', they always try to persuade about their material, you just say you'll think about it and get all what they give you.

    Keep going!

    Edna

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Sara:

    There is no doubt that May is a great month to be a teacher! I also love the free books and gifts from the publishers even when most of the times I already know which book we will be using. As Edna said, you just need to say thanks and I'll think about it :-)
    It's nice that you had the chance of being part of a festival for Mother's days. Most high schools avoid this festivities (well, mine does).
    congratulations on the work done so far, and the best wishes for what is coming!!!

    ResponderEliminar